Monday, December 13, 2010
Real Estate News and Analysis: Downtowns Get a Fresh Lease - WSJ.com: "Like many cities, Detroit offered an incentive package, including giving Blue Cross employees free annual passes to a public-transit system that connects its downtown buildings. Another motivation: to have more people in one place as the insurer adjusts to the health-care overhaul."
at 5:56 PM
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Riders board a Rapid bus -- Cory Olsen
The Rapid will ask voters for property tax increase next May or November | MLive.com: "Voters in six Kent County cities will not be asked in a special February 2011 election to increase property taxes for expanded and high speed bus service. But they are likely to see the question on the ballot in the May or November elections."Here is what you get for $26 a year - (less than one tank of gas)
- Increase weekday bus frequency to 30 minutes on all routes from 5 a.m. To 7:15 p.m.
- Run all routes until 11:15 p.m. weekdays
- Extend weekday evening service to 12:15 a.m. on the seven most productive routes
- Improve weekday peak frequency service to 15 minutes on the six next most productive routes
- Add Bus Rapid Transit on Division Avenue
- Extend Saturday evening service to 10 p.m. on all routes except Woodland Mall/Airport Route 17
- Extend GVSU Campus route to Central Station on weekdays at current frequency
- Increase weekday evening frequency to 30-minutes on six next most productive routes to 11:15 p.m.
- Increase weekday evening frequency to 30-minutes on seven most productive routes to 12:15 a.m.
at 7:29 PM
Ride The Rapid | www.ridetherapid.org: "Easy. Convenient. Cheap. Reliable. Safe. Clean. Relaxing. Fun. The smart way to get around Grand Rapids and the suburbs.
Everything you need to become an expert at riding The Rapid is here. Route maps and schedules. Fare information.
You'll be ready to ride in no time—and join the growing numbers of people who are tired of fighting traffic, hunting and paying for parking, burning up gasoline and wasting time driving they could spend reading and relaxing.
Dump the pump. Ride the Rapid."
at 2:50 AM