Riders board a Rapid bus -- Cory Olsen
The Rapid will ask voters for property tax increase next May or November | MLive.com: "Voters in six Kent County cities will not be asked in a special February 2011 election to increase property taxes for expanded and high speed bus service. But they are likely to see the question on the ballot in the May or November elections."Here is what you get for $26 a year - (less than one tank of gas)
- Increase weekday bus frequency to 30 minutes on all routes from 5 a.m. To 7:15 p.m.
- Run all routes until 11:15 p.m. weekdays
- Extend weekday evening service to 12:15 a.m. on the seven most productive routes
- Improve weekday peak frequency service to 15 minutes on the six next most productive routes
- Add Bus Rapid Transit on Division Avenue
- Extend Saturday evening service to 10 p.m. on all routes except Woodland Mall/Airport Route 17
- Extend GVSU Campus route to Central Station on weekdays at current frequency
- Increase weekday evening frequency to 30-minutes on six next most productive routes to 11:15 p.m.
- Increase weekday evening frequency to 30-minutes on seven most productive routes to 12:15 a.m.